Directions follow. For step-by-step screen shots on how to grant or access records for the first time, check out the following links.
Students: Here's how to grant access to a parent/guest
Log on to the WVU Portal and click on STAR. Click on Parent/Guest Proxy and complete the remaining four steps:
1. Account: Create a new proxy account by clicking Add Proxy.
2. Authorization: Click Expand Proxy and choose the Authorization tab to view and grant specific access.
3. Passphrase: Set a word or phrase the proxy will use to verify his/her identity when calling or emailing WVU on your behalf.
4. Email: If you want your proxy to receive billing notifications, go to Update Address Information (http://bit.ly/2q1VJOU) and add a parent/guest email address. Anytime a billing notification is sent out, your parent/guest will receive an email that there has been a change to your account.
Parents: Here's how to access the student record for the first time
What do parents/guests need to do?
1. Encourage your student to log on today and set up your access through the easy, four-step process above (completing ALL steps): http://bit.ly/1l9XiAm.
2. Once access has been granted by your student, you will receive an e-mail to finalize your account set-up. The link included is only good for 30 days, so log on in a timely fashion to complete this process.
3. They will also set a passphrase that you will use to verify your identity when calling or emailing WVU on your student’s behalf. Please save it so you have it when needed.
4. As part of this process, they can also add a parent/guest email address so when a billing notification is sent out, you will receive an email that there has been a change to your student’s account. Encourage them not to forget this important step!